Our core philosophy is to provide a premium hospitality experience to every single guest while applying means and methods of minimizing the ecological footprint of the thousands of visitors that arrive every year. The protection of our environment is a matter, which every member of our administration and staff, holds dear here at Steris Elegant Beach Hotel. Therefore we aim at getting constantly informed about new environmental friendly practices and contributing by any means to the preservation of our natural habitat and cultural heritage.
Our goal is a clean and healthy environment, based on:
- green energy
- the proper management of water resources and solid waste
- protection of the coastal and marine environment, while respecting the landscape and nature
Furthermore, we do not seize to raise awareness to both our staff and guests about environmental issues, knowing that our positive attitude bears fruits.
During the renovation and upgrading works of the hotel, all materials used for construction were, preferably, recyclable, ecological and energy efficient:
- For suspended ceilings and partitions we applied plasterboards (sound-insulating and recyclable material).
- For new windows, we placed double-glazed units, which act thermo – acoustic and reduce the UV radiation passing through coating.
- Most of the rooms’ furniture is made out of wood, glass and metal, all of which are recyclable and environmental materials.
- For the walls we used eco paints.
- For lighting, we installed new-generation and low-power light bulbs
- The rooms have digital card readers and magnetic contacts on doors for greater energy saving when our guests exit the room.
- All electrical appliances (refrigerators, hobs, hoods) in the rooms are of Energy Consumption Class A.
- In rooms are used mixing batteries with special filters to reduce water flow.
- The toilet flushers are of double-touch with flow water control.
- Power generation is obtained with photovoltaic systems, and the hot water comes partly from solar water heaters.
- We aim at the reduction of disposable products.
We select large packaging materials to reduce the volume of waste and we recycle plastic, paper, aluminum, batteries, consumables, printers, photocopiers.
- We collect the waste oil and fats, for integrated management and recycling.
- We avoid products producing air pollutants
- We limit the use of chemicals in gardening and apply organic farming procedures.
- We use environmentally friendly products and chemicals in swimming pool.
- We mostly use local plants and herbs for garden planning.
- The cleaning products used in rooms and common areas, are environmentally friendly and ecological.
- Our guests are given information concerning water and energy saving, during their stay.
THE F.E.E. IN COOPERATION WITH THE GREEK SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF NATURE (EEPF) AWARDED THE STERIS ELEGANT BEACH HOTEL WITH A GREEN KEY FOR THE ADOPTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIONS FRIENDLY TO THE ENVIRONMENT WHICH GUARANTEES THE PROTECTION AND AWARENESS OF THE LOCAL SOCIETY AND ITS GUESTS.
Within the framework of our environmental policies and practices, we offer customers the possibility of recycling batteries, light bulbs, paper and glass in special recycling bins, found at the hotel’s interior and exterior common areas as well as at the beach, facing the hotel.
We appreciate your contribution at implementing our environmental doctrine. For more information on our eco-friendly practices, do not hesitate to contact us.