Accommodation – Pre-opening
Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
As hoteliers, what we take great care in providing high standard services. New circumstances though have created an unprecedented situation in which we all need to comply. New measures have been taken, new hygiene protocols have been implemented and our personnel are carefully trained to ensure health and safety on both sides.
The preparation phase has already started and the following additional actions have already been implemented in addition to the lockdown phase requirements. More specifically:
1. All cleaning staff has been screened for potential infection before resuming cleaning activities
2. It has been conducted a detailed cleaning schedule and developed protocols for cleaning requirements for all areas
3. All staff has been trained effectively on the new schedule and protocols
4. All areas have been cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule and protocols
5. The effectiveness of cleaning has been checked both visually and where possible quantitative methods
6. All arrangements are in place to ensure that there is an adequate supply of cleaning chemicals, equipment and disinfectants for both operational and emergency situations
1. We have established an infection control team and control requirements have been met
2. The infection control team has checked that procedures and systems developed during lockdown are comprehensive. Whenever needed, alterations were made.
3. All staff confirmed health status and readiness to return to work
4. All arrangements are in place for the safe handling of potential waste
Hand Hygiene Arrangements
1. Hand washing and hand sanitation stations are located at key locations (entrances, public areas, dining areas, gyms, staff areas)
2. Signage and information systems are in place to ensure that guests, staff and visitors are aware of hand hygiene
3. All staff have been given training on effective hand washing and general hygiene
Respiratory Hygiene Arrangements
1. Surgical masks are available for both infection control activities and also issuing to potentially infected persons
2. New procedures have been established for maintaining social distancing requirements in accordance with local governmental advice
3. Where possible, temporary distance markings have been created in areas that subject to queuing (e.g. reception, food service)
4. All tables and sitting areas have been set up to ensure a minimal social distancing can be achieved between family groups
Buffet / Dining Arrangements
1. Where possible, dining arrangements have been altered to a la carte service
2. The capacity of the restaurant/dining area has been adjusted to ensure social distancing measures are effective
3. If buffet service is being provided, additional hygiene measures have been implemented. More specifically:
a. Manned service stations
b. Enhanced sneeze guards
c. Hand hygiene precautions
d. Dedicated service groups
e. Phased dining groups
4. Condiments and dispensing arrangements have been modified to ensure that cross contamination risk is reduced (single use portions, manned/table service)
1. Increased cleaning regimes have been established in all public areas
2. High risk areas, such as entertainment areas, have been considered for closure or restricted operational hours
3. All staff has been trained on maintaining social distancing
4. Reception staff has been trained on providing guests with the appropriate information upon arrival
5. Discrete physical barrier / screening has been considered for the protection of reception/concierge staff
6. All information regarding infection control is translated in guest appropriate language
7. Non essential items that make effective cleaning difficult in public areas have been removed
8. One-way systems have been implemented to prevent the flow of guests from different areas creating congestion and enhance social distancing effect
Children’s Clubs & Play Areas
1. Children areas have been considered for closure or restricted operation hours
2. All children clubs have staff trained on infection control procedures
3. Signing in procedures are designed to identify potentially symptomatic children and exclude where necessary
4. Suitable hand hygiene facilities are available in children’s areas
5. All non essential items that are difficult to keep clean have been removed from these areas
1. Recreational Areas have been considered for closure or restricted operational hours
2. Hand, personal hygiene, and self cleaning facilities are in place within these areas
3. All staff is trained and equipped to maintain the cleaning protocols required in these areas
4. Spa staff have been trained on appropriate hygiene / infection control precautions associated with the treatments provided
5. Removal/modification of all entertainment activity that involves bodily contact have been considered
1. Cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place for the transportation services used for both guests and staff
2. Any social distancing requirements have been maintained in vehicle use, including capacity management, queuing and seating arrangements
1. All pool systems have been brought back to fully operational conditions, including water treatment and chemical characteristics
2. Water has been subject to chemical analysis and laboratory testing to ensure safe for use upon re-opening
Water Safety & Legionella Prevention
1. All water systems have been fully flushed and checked for the correct level of disinfection
2. Water has been tested for chemical characteristics and laboratory tested
3. Where necessary, the water has been subject to hyperchlorination or heat treatment
The Management Team
Accommodation – Re-opening
Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
We are a step far from the formal re-opening of our hotel. So we would like to inform you about the precautionary measures we have taken in order to maintain your health and safety concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
We inform you that our personnel have received all the necessary information and training about COVID-19 and the enhanced procedures. Our staff is ready to implement infection prevention measures along with the necessary information to our customers. All our staff knows their role, regardless of department they work in.
Trained Team Managing the Risk
We inform you that our trained team managing the risk in case of COVID-19 situation is in place and will be monitoring every day that all enhanced procedures are applied and work effectively. If there is a need for a modification in a procedure, the revised procedure will be implemented immediately.
Below, you can see the COVID-19 response checklist concerning the re-opening phase.
⮚ We have engaged a trained team to manage a COVID-19 strategy tactic
⮚ We have created a crisis management plan
⮚ We have enhanced procedures and systems in place
⮚ Our guests symptoms will be monitored closely to provide early detection and implementation of emergency plan
⮚ All local infection indicators will be monitored as well to assess the level of overall infection risk
⮚ All hotel facilities are available to test personnel and guests for potential symptoms
⮚ All operating systems are in place to communicate issues and concerns to key stakeholders (e.g. tour operators)
⮚ All guest and personnel communication is ready to ensure call-to-action infection procedures effectively.
⮚ Any arrangement with relevant third party (e.g. tour operators, concession stores, excursion providers) is developed to ensure that infection control arrangements are not violated
⮚ We have developed a guest communication policy
Our Hotel Management Team
Accommodation – Continuation
Precautionary measures concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
In a few days our hotel will be fully operational again and all additional arrangements concerning COVID-19 pandemic are in place and continue to ensure your safety and health.
We update our hygiene protocols according to formal instructions and our plan continues to be implemented. In case any problem arises, immediate actions would be:
1. To record an illness
2. To monitor closely its development
3. To implement emergency procedures immediately, if needed
Below, you can find all additional arrangements verifying our hygiene status.
Verification of Status
1. All standards in the following areas have been audited and verified:
a. Prevention of spread of infection
b. Food hygiene and health
c. Water safety and legionella prevention
d. Pool/Spa hygiene and safety
e. Room cleaning and housekeeping
2. Any suspicious incident will be maintained and recorded
3. All communications systems are in place to provide ongoing status reports to tour operators
Crisis Managements and Business Continuity
1. All procedures and systems are in place to ensure that the hotel has a crisis management and business continuity plan
2. All additional arrangements are in place for implementing quarantine, separation or isolation required by national protocol standards.
Our Hotel Management Team
Our Management Team and our employees welcome you, in Steris Elegant Beach Hotel with our bespoken hospitality and leisure services, enhanced with extensive experience and updated knowledge concerning all the recent health protocols.
Rely on us with your valuable health during your holidays: Relax with Safety!
The new reality, the spread of the Covid-19 virus, stipulates additional precautionary health and safety measures. For our company, the shielding of public health, including our guests, employees and partners, as well as of the local community, constitutes our absolute priority. We work methodically with the purpose of providing a secure environment for your holidays, your relaxation, and the relief towards the new situation, along with the maximum possible flexibility in your trip planning.
We are closely monitoring the developments and strictly implement the instructions of the World Health Organization and the Greek Authorities.
We are systematically preparing ourselves, to welcome you again within our hotel premises.
New Health and Safety Measures
Steris Elegant Beach Hotel has already created a strict action plan, aiming both at preventing the existence and at handling effectively any possible suspicious cases of the virus, resulting to obstruct any expansion among our guests, employees and associates.
We have a special management Team for Covid-19, leaded by a doctor specialized in Covid-19 who oversees the safe, regular and unobstructed operation of our premises, concerning the direct treatment of Corona- virus cases, and gives necessary instructions and guidance to our employees, according to the regulations of the Geek Health Authorities.
All our employees are constantly trained, according to the instructions and advice of the World Health Organization and the requirements of our State and are provided with all the necessary personal protective equipment.
The utmost goal of our company is to achieve the highest standards of cleanliness and health therefore; we cooperate only with certified companies and suppliers.
Additionally, our strict standards and the certified practices we implement, along with the methodical training of our personnel, according to the strict standards and the certified practices, we implement along with the methodical training of our staff, ensure the shielding of top quality hygiene in our hotel, with the minimum disturbance during your stay.
Our Front Office Team is perfectly trained to welcome and guide you.
o In the reception area, as in all public areas, we have placed devices with hand sanitizers.
o Plexi glass Stand on the Front Desk in order to keep social distances.
o Our “Health First” Advisor is at your disposal, in case you have any enquiry about our procedures or require medical assistance.
o Social distancing is expected at all times, during your stay with us.
o The floor is clearly marked with signs, indicating where you should stand when waiting at the Front Office Desk.
o Room Key Cards will be sanitized, before handed to our guests.
o Check-in time will be at 15:00 and check-out time at 11:00 in order to secure proper room cleaning and disinfection.
While trying to reduce the crowding and the interaction within the Reception area, we provide the following options to our clients:
o On-line (web) check in, via the tablet devices located at our Reception Area.
o You are encouraged to use your credit card for all your transactions in our hotel.
Hand Washing and Disinfection
As one of the most important and effective practices against the spread of Covid-19 virus and numerous existing viruses and infections, we urge and alert all our guests, personnel and associates to regularly wash and sanitize their hands. No matter how simple it sounds, hand washing with soap and clean water or with the use of disinfectants, is a fundamental action to protect our health. Hand washing and sanitizing stations are therefore, available throughout our premises.
Housekeeping & Public Areas
We have implemented a very strict procedure of cleaning and thorough disinfection in all rooms, public and employees´ areas. Our housekeeping staff, is specially trained and certified on the practices required in order to achieve the highest level of hygiene in our establishment.
All rooms and air condition units are cleaned and disinfected prior to any new guest arrival.
o Non-essential items such as decorative stationery, pillows and magazines will be removed for your own safety.
o Our Service Directory is now available on line.
o Maintenance in rooms will be carried out, after appointment, during the guests absence.
o Room cleaning will be provided upon request.
o All public areas and toilets are cleaned and disinfected regularly during the day, according to a time schedule.
o Our guests are encouraged to use their room’s WC, instead of the public WCs.
o For the cleaning and sanitizing of our establishment, we only use certified products from globally acclaimed suppliers.
Food & Beverage
In all our Food and Beverage departments and for the preparation of all your meals we implement ISO 22000/05, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
o Hands should be sanitized when entering any department.
o Plexiglass stands are placed on the Buffet of the main restaurant, in order to avoid contact with the offered meals.
o Our trained staff will be by your side, to serve you from our buffet, for your convenience and protection.
o We try to portion the food in the buffet, in order to be easier and safer for the service of our clients.
o Tables’ set-up and the sitting plan in our restaurant, is arranged according to the recent health and safety guidelines.
o Our waiters will be available to serve and assist you, during your meal.
o The furniture and equipment of the restaurant is cleaned and sanitized prior to different guests.
o For your convenience, in order to avoid interaction, you may make a reservation for your meal time.
o The Bar and service area is organized, in order to secure social distancing and your safe and comfortable service.
o All wine and beverage lists are now available online.
Swimming Pool Area
Our spacious open area around the swimming pool, allow us to implement the necessary distancing, according to the new precautionary measures.
o Our sun loungers are arranged at 2 m distance in between, around the pool.
o Sun loungers as well as the rest of the furnishing, will be sanitized every morning and regularly during daytime.
o According to current government regulations, the 1 person per 5 sq. meter ratio should be applied at all times at the pool.
o Spreading a towel over the sun beds is mandatory.
o PH and chlorine levels will be monitored frequently in order to guarantee 24/7 pool sanitization.
o The showers by the pool, should be used by one person each time.
o Evening shows will be re-organized for your safety.
o Individual sports for families such as Table Tennis are allowed: upon reservation.